Do you reside in Mumbai and are trying to understand the GST reforms for your business/organization? If you are a graduate or postgraduate in the accounting, commerce, taxation fields, are you interested in upskilling yourself with GST knowledge? You are in the right place either way. This is a well-researched list of the top 10 GST training institutes in Mumbai. During my research, I encountered quite a few promising web-based institutions, but one stood out to me: Henry Harvin Education. This institute was captivated from the very beginning.
Only those courses designed and delivered by subject matter experts and certified professionals have been included in this list. I also have information on the modules covered by each institute, the credentials, and other details such as eligibility and duration for GST Courses. Although overall, the modules are pretty much the same at all institutes, the practical training and projects make a big difference. As well as providing placement assistance, some institutions also offer financial aid.
The Goods and Services Tax reform has been in place for three years, but there are still complex and teething problems. It is unrealistic to expect everything to work out from the start.
A major point of contention is that GST has four slabs of rates at 5%, 12%, 18%, and 28%. There are now several items that do not attract taxes. To streamline the process, the GST Council keeps coming up with amendments when necessary. Our success in this tax reform depends solely on our determination to follow the GST.
I want to discuss a few major points in this article before I move on.
Information about GST
Taxes on goods and services in India are called GST or Goods and Services Tax. It applies at every stage of the supply process since it is relevant at every level.
Under the 101st amendment of the Indian Constitution, GST became effective on July 1, 2017.
You may be interested to know about the best GST Course in Mumbai
Practitioner of GST
A GST Practitioner is an advisor who offers their services to taxpayers online. Before starting their practice, they must apply for a certificate at the GSTN Portal and be registered there. GST practitioners are responsible for:
- Prepare details about outward and inward supplies
- Reporting on monthly, quarterly, annual, or final returns
- Depositing assets in the electronic cash ledger
- Requesting refunds
- Canceling registration by filing a cancellation application
GST certification and opportunities
Over 1 lakh new jobs have been created since GST was implemented. It is estimated there will be between 50,000 and 60,000 vacancies related to GST. The GST-related services of Small and Medium Enterprises are expected to be outsourced.
A proper accounting system is important for all companies, regardless of their industry. Accountants, executives, and other professionals working in the finance sector must, therefore, have adequate knowledge of GST-related matters. There was a huge demand for GST professionals as a result. GST jobs typically offer salaries of 600,000 rupees a year.
Graduates who wish to start a career in the GST sector have many options under the GST Certification courses.
So far, I hope I have given you a good overview of GST’s advantages. I have reviewed the top 10 institutes that provide GST training in Mumbai.
1. Henry Harvin Accounts Academy : Best GST Course in Mumbai
In Mumbai, Henry Harvin offers one of the best GST courses. Techniques and teaching methods of the school were praised by many. Students rate it 4.8 out of 5 and it has a reputation for excellence.
Henry Harvin® GST Course is known for having the highest rating in India Today and Tribune India. As demonstrated by the prestigious achievements of previous students, Henry Harvin offers quality and excellence. By clicking the link below, you can learn more about that institution.
GST course by Henry Harvin is worth your attention. The finance sector will find it useful in all its aspects. GST certification course is being offered in India for the first time by The Hindustan Times and Aaj Tak.
What makes Henry Harvin® Accounts Academy popular for GST training?
- GST Practitioner certification is the course name
- Live classes are held for 32 hours each
- Practical classes are provided 100% of the time
- Trainers for GST Courses are featured in NDTV, Hindustan Times, and Aaj Tak.
- Topics include GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, e-invoicing provision, and how to assert ITC if it is not reflected.
- They provide facilities for projects involving GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, and GSTR 2A
- For the learnings to be transferred to the real world, they offer internship assistance
- Students will receive GST Practitioner certification from Henry Harvin®, an award-winning institute recognized by the government of India
- One-Year Placement Support after successful completion with a 100% placement guarantee
- Tools, techniques, assessments, video content, and more with easy access to e-learning
- Every 12 months, regular boot camps will be held
- #AskHenry contests and hackathons are free of charge
- For the GST Practitioner Course, get a one-year membership to the Henry Harvin® Accounts Academy
- 12500 rs is the course fee that students can book for no cost EMI
- Benefits of membership in Henry Harvin® Accounts Academy worth Rs 4,000 include:
- Access recorded videos, ppts, case studies, etc.
- Internships at Henry Harvin® and partner firms
- For 1 year, Bootcamp sessions are held monthly
- Regular e-mail notification of job openings
- Support in clearing interviews with startups and top corporations
- Learn soft skills and resume writing in addition to the course curriculum through our complementary modules
- You can choose from group training, one-to-one training, or corporate training, depending on your needs
- Classes would be held on Sundays if you are a working professional.
- Recorded classes can be accessed whenever you have time.
- The fact that Henry Harvin has over 14625+ trained learners in over 7+ countries makes it the best platform for exploration
GST Course topics include:
- The module focused on supply and demand, place of supply, price of supply, export, and import, and e- waybills.
- Module 2 includes Registrations, Input Tax Credit, ITC04, Transitional provisions, and Job Work.
- The third module includes accounts and records, invoices, tax payments, credit and debit returns, and refunds.
- This module includes litigation management, audits, assessments, offense and penalty, demand, and recovery.
- The Complementary Modules for Skill Development also include Soft skills and Resume writing.
Other Henry Harvin Courses:
- Business Accounting and Taxation courses
- Business Analytics Course
- SAP FICO Course
- Income Tax Course
- Business intelligence course
- HR Payroll Course
- Data Science Course
2. IIPTR – Top GST Certification Course in Mumbai
An Institute of Professional Training and Research, Initiative Institute of Professional Training and Research provides professional courses in the areas of revenue management and finance.
GST courses in Mumbai are available at IIPTR for candidates looking to get a rewarding career in taxes and finance. Besides the GST course, the program also offers a diploma course in sales and marketing, and a course for tax consultants with taxation tutorials.
Classroom, online, and practical training are offered by the institute, and they offer both beginner and professional courses.
What makes IIPTR, popular for GST training?
You must have a graduate or postgraduate degree in law, commerce, business administration, or management to be eligible.
This course covers the following topics:
- There are presentations, PDFs, worksheets, notes, and assignments included in GST training materials. IIPTR’s learning management system contains all course content.
- Among the modules of the advanced diploma are topics such as tax computation, payments, reports, and detailed training on the GST software.
- At IIPTR, you can access the learning materials for a year and learn at your leisure. GST practitioner courses typically take two to five months to complete.
- A GST practitioner certification is awarded to candidates. Candidates can register for the government exam and practice with mock tests through IIPTR.
- Training on how to run a private GST practice with client procurement, a complimentary copy of GST software, and practical training on how to use GST software are some added benefits.
3. NIIT – Top GST Course in Mumbai
Another top ed-tech institution is NIIT, which offers high-quality education. As a global leader in human resource training, it has trained students according to industry standards for years. In addition, it was named India’s most trusted training brand for the fifth consecutive year. In their concept-based “Introduction to GST” course, they endeavor to make commerce background students more comfortable with GST and related concepts. The course is offered in partnership with Tally.
You may be interested to know about the best GST Certification Courses in Mumbai
What makes NIIT, popular for GST training?
- Participants can be an undergraduate or graduate student who wishes to gain an understanding of the concepts and implementation of GST.
- GST in Tally along with its implementation are all part of the course’s curriculum. Learners will be introduced to various aspects of GST and will then be guided through the processes and software needed to record and process GST transactions.
- By combining GST concepts, implementation, and impact, this course is truly unique.
- GST concepts, Supply of Goods and Services, Time and Value of Supply, Invoicing and Input Credit Mechanism, Tax Returns, and Payments, Input service distributors, E-Commerce & Compliance Rating, etc. will be discussed.
- By the end of this program, the learner will have the skills to:
- A clear understanding of GST
- Understanding Invoices and Receipts
- Calculation of Tax Rates and Refunds of Tax
- Tax transition and input service distributors (ISDs)
- Understanding of GSTN and GSP
- Understanding the role of a tax return preparer
- Payment of taxes and preparation of tax returns
- Compliance Rating for E-Commerce
4. ICIT Computer Institute : Best Training Institute For GST course in Mumbai
IT courses are offered at ICIT Computer Institute, a leading software institute that offers more than two decades of experience. In addition, it provides various government and industry certification courses, such as GST courses in Mumbai.
Students can upgrade their skills with in-demand courses with the help of online courses, corporate training, and corporate hiring provided by the institute. There are courses in business analytics, industrial designing, accounting, web design, graphic design, and cloud computing.
In addition to career counselling and placement support, ICIT Computer Institute also offers hands-on projects and resume-building techniques in all of its courses. It provides GST training in conjunction with Tally and Marg.
What makes ICIT, popular for GST training?
- Course Name is Tally ERP with GST and Marg with GST
- This course is suitable for beginners, working professionals, CAs, HRs who need payroll help.
- Training with Tally ERP and GST is extensive, with projects and simulations. GST is covered in detail along with Tally ERP 9 tutorials. Tax compliances, GST compliances, TDS, and TCS are all part of the GST segment.
- This course explores the widely used industrial accounting software, as well as the rate, discount, and inventory masters, as well as the Goods and Services Tax.
- GST course duration is 45 hours for Tally ERP with GST and the Marg with GST lasts for two months.
- ICIT will issue certificates to students who complete the course.
- In addition to self-paced learning, industry-based examples, practice assignments, and subject matter experts as instructors, this course provides additional benefits.
5. Laqshya Institute of Skills Training – GST Certification course in Mumbai
With over a decade of experience in the education sector, Laqshya Institute of Skill Training has earned a reputation for excellence. There are many technical and non-technical courses offered across Maharashtra by this institution. GST is one of the most popular courses in the finance sector.
A Certified Course in Goods & Services Tax is a 1-3 months course with two batch types. One batch is a regular batch, and the other is a Sunday batch. This means that even working professionals can take the classes without having to take time off.
Who is eligible to apply? You can apply to this course whether you are a student, a graduate, a postgraduate, or a working professional. PDFs are provided as study materials for those enrolled in the program.
They provide well-structured GST training for aspiring students and professionals at Laqshya, provided by professional trainers. GST Certification Course in Mumbai, one of the best because of its focus on practical training.
What makes Laqshya, popular for GST training?
- Since 2009, Government Recognised & ISO Certified Training Institute
- Seven branches in Mumbai
- 5 Star Ratings and Excellent Reviews on Google, JustDial, Sulekha, Shiksha, and Urbanpro
- Training is provided by Chartered Accountants & Industry Experts.
- Study materials that are exclusive to the program
- Portal for online students with a mobile app
- Contents of the latest and updated courses
- Using real-time data for training
- Clearing Doubts & Practice Sessions
- Personalized attention with limited batches of eight students each
- Working professionals can attend weekend batches and freshers can attend daily batches
- A dedicated team for company tie-ups and job placements
- A 100% practical facilitation
- GST is covered in the curriculum. The provisions of GST, the important concepts of GST, GST calculation, important sections under GST law, GST documentation, GSTR returns, GSTR annual returns, and e-filling.
- A study guide and notes for assistance
- As for the fees, as per the institute’s rules, discounts are available at Laqshya.
- Students are assessed after the course. Your certificate of completion is issued once you have passed that test.
6. ICA EDU SKILLS – GST Practtioner course in Mumbai
A leading training and skills development organization, ICA Edu Skills offers courses in taxation, accounting, finance, and other career fields. GST courses are also offered in Mumbai on a short-term basis. Aside from offering excellent training and placement support, ICA is a reasonable option.
With 120+ centers throughout India, the institute is a leading vocational training institute. Interactive classes, current course material, and practical training using up-to-date software are available as part of all courses.
In addition to a wide range of three- to 18-month programs, ICA offers courses like certified industrial accountant plus, SAP business user and digital marketing.
You may be interested to know about the best GST Certification Courses in Mumbai
What makes ICA Edu skills, popular for GST training?
- Course Name is Goods and Service Tax (Short Course)
- Minimum 10+2 qualified or pursuing graduation students and must clear common entry test conducted by ICA are eligible for this course
- The training modules include:
- Essential definitions under the GST Act
- Taking care of the government’s tax obligations
- GST entry passes
- Computation of taxable value of services
- Calculation of Goods and Services Tax payable
- Submission of GST return
- Taxes on goods and services in invoices
- Calculation of GST input credit available
- Generate necessary reports
- This is a short course of 27 hours.
- Professional certification is provided after completing the course.
- Added Benefits are the training is industry-oriented, with practical training and placement support.
7. Educa – GST Training in Mumbai
A global skill validator, Educba is one of Asia’s largest learning platforms. In addition to its 5000+ courses, it offers 400+ verticals designed by qualified professionals.
GST training includes more than 21 hours of training videos, which are available for a lifetime. A GST training course online and technical assistance will help you gain knowledge of GST. Knowing GST is not a pre-requisite, but it certainly helps.
What makes Educba, popular for GST training?
- This online course can be studied at one’s own pace due to its self-paced nature.
- Being a self-paced learning course, GST certification in Mumbai is one of the best.
- This course will teach you everything you need to know about GST.
- The course is bundled with 10 courses that cover the major concepts in detail. Understanding and improving knowledge about GST will be a great benefit from this.
- GST experts will guide the participants through the basics, and advise on how to make decisions and understand GST.
- In addition to providing the participants with detailed technical knowledge, they also provide practical training.
- In addition to getting access to the online materials, participants will also have access to the faculty to guide them through the content.
- The training material can be accessed anywhere and anytime, and the course can be taken at any time.
- The online material is accessible for life for every student who enrolls.
- With Educba, you earn a shareable certificate which you can attach to your LinkedIn profile or resume to show your advanced skills.
8. ELITE Accounts Academy – Best GST Certification Centre in Mumbai
Elite Accounts Academy offers a variety of courses in commerce, accounts, and taxation. The inception of this academy only happened in 2018, but already it has established itself as a bridge between academic knowledge and practical skills needed in the job industry.
Experts from various industries participate in designing the courses at Elite Accounts Academy, from chartered accountants to company secretaries. Industry experts are even included in the faculty.
What makes Elite Accounts Academy, popular for GST training?
- Tax on Goods and Services is the course name
- Affordable and job-oriented training.
- The course content is regularly updated
- Batches can be scheduled for weekdays, weekends, mornings, and evenings.
- After completing the course, candidates are evaluated in-depth in a practical exam
- Assistance with job placement and mock interviews
- The course is suitable for business beginners, semi-skilled individuals, entrepreneurs, and consultants.
- In this course, candidates will fully learn GST skills.
- A five-module course consists of:
- A list of accounting topics
- Tax-related topics related to the Goods and Services Tax
- Topics related to income taxes
- Tally ERP version 9
- Excel Advanced
- It takes 25 hours to complete GST.
- Candidates can become GST consultants or freelancers after completing this course.
9. IIPTR – GST Training Centre in Mumbai
IIPTR or Initiative Institute of Professional Training and Research is the next-best GST certification course in Mumbai. It provides financial and revenue training as a leading Mumbai institute.
One of its unique courses is a GST practitioner course that teaches you GST theory and practical skills. The syllabus revolves around the latest GST concepts, serving the dynamic needs of the finance sector.
You may be interested to know about the best GST Certification Courses in Mumbai
What makes IIPTR, popular for GST training?
- The course curriculum includes:
- GST introduction and comparison with old indirect taxes
- Various types of GST
- Registration for GST
- Taxable supply under GST
- Location of supply
- Pricing and supply time
- An overview of branch transfers, job opportunities, special economic zones, etc.
- Import, export, and LUT provisions
- The format of invoices
- GST computation
- Compliance with the reverse charge mechanism
- Tax liability under GST,
- GST return filing
- Electronic waybill
- Invoicing by e-mail
- The computation and payment of taxes, and the reporting of tax data
- Return on GST annually
- Audit of the GST
- Through an integrated learning management system, professional experts deliver training. Video, webinar, PPT, PDF, worksheets, assignments, and notes are included in the training materials
- The course generally lasts between 2 and 5 months. You can, however, access the video lectures and videos for a year via the LMS and email support.
- To better understand the videos, you can watch them multiple times this year.
- A “Certified GST Practitioner” declaration is earned with this industry-recognized certification.
- You can also enroll in the Government exam for GST practitioners if you wish. They will provide you with mock tests as soon as you enter.
- How does it distinguish itself from competitors? A government portal secure that offers extensive support and assistance to get you enrolled as a GST practitioner is a coveted program among the masses.
10. Keerti Institute : GST Training Centre in Mumbai
Having a unique design of training programs, Keerti Institute empowers and upskills young people. It is a project of Keerti’s Knowledge and Skills. In its various courses, it provides opportunities for the youth to change their lives.
Among the courses offered by the institute are design and development, digital marketing, tax systems, data analysis, and animation. In Mumbai, it also offers GST courses. Having trained over six lakh students over 23 years, Keerti Institute has over 30 courses. It also has 100+ recruiters on staff.
What makes Keerti Institute, popular for GST training?
- The course name is Goods and Services Tax (K-GST)
- Students who know the Tally ERP 9 are eligible for this course
- It has the following modules that provide systematically updated knowledge:
- GST: An Introduction
- The registration process
- Provision of goods and services
- Goods and services subject to GST
- Entries about goods received in advance
- Adjustments and returns for GST
- Entering service entries in advance
- Customers submitting advance GST receipts
- Migrating to Tally ERP 9
- This course is a one-and-a-half-month course.
- It is a certified course.
- Experts and professionals from the industry make up the faculty pool.
- In addition to assignments, projects, and case studies, there is a multimodal approach to the training.
- Students benefit from the placement team’s support and preparation for success in the job market.
According to this list of the top 10 GST courses in Mumbai, one thing we know is that GST courses are in-depth and affordable. GST courses are available that skim over the basics for beginners. In addition, GST courses in Mumbai are quite extensive and can help you become a professional accountant. You’re still unsure which institute is best for you? I strongly recommend the Henry Harvin GST course if you are looking for the best in every aspect
There are plenty of options. A determination, correct choices, and willingness to learn are required.
Three cheers to your blog on GST courses. It saved my time in deciding the course.
You have shared a powerful write-up on GST courses. I should learn research skills from you.
The article on the GST course was dynamic and it will meet the needs of finance professionals and students.
I work as a senior accountant in a growing company. The GST certification course added value to my CV and Resume. Your blog guided me at the right time.
After reading the article I took up the GST course in Henry Harvin. As said I am learning everything about GST. Thank you for providing me with a clear insight into the GST courses.
Thank you for providing such beneficial and useful for top GST course in Mumbai,thanks for awesome articles,
Thanks for sharing this valuable top 10 GST Training in Mumbai,thanks for awesome articles
Thanks for sharing these fully checked and verified top 10 GST course in mumbai,
This institute was captivated from the very beginning.
Guess I will just bookmark this GST course in Mumbai. These sites really help me to boost my career in Gst and taxation fields.
The course was nice and interactive. The graded quiz acts as revision material for our understanding.