French is a Romance language of the Indo-European family. It came down from the Vulgar Latin of the Roman Empire. Its closest relatives are the other languages historically spoken in northern France and southern Belgium.
French is an official language in 29 countries across multiple continents the community of 84 countries. They share the official use or teaching of French. French is also one of six official languages used in the United Nations.
French has a long history as an international language of literature and scientific standards and is a primary or second language of many international organizations including
- The United Nations
- The European Union
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- The World Trade Organization
- The International Olympic Committee
- The International Committee of the Red Cross
French is the second most widely learned language after English and the sixth most widely spoken language in the world. The French language also happens to be the second most studied language after English. In recent years, people from other countries have developed a passion for learning French mainly through French Language courses that are available in India.
The top 10 institutes offering French language courses in Pune are:
Henry Harvin Education is one of the leaders in propagating professional and technical certifications in India. The institute has understood the gap between the existing curriculum of academic courses and the specific requirements of the industry. Henry Harvin has focused on offering courses that can add value to both working professionals and students as well as enhance the knowledge base of organizations. Henry Harvin has gained popularity in providing industry benefiting courses.
Recognitions of Henry Harvin Education
- It is the winner of the Top Corporate Training Award, Game-Based Learning Company of the under 40 Business World Award
- Affiliated with American Association of EFL, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, MSME, UKAF, UKCert, Project Management Institute (PMI), and ISO 29990:2010 certified
- 1400+ Google Reviews, 200+ Youtube Testimonials with 4.5+ Rating Rated on Goabroad, Trustpilot, GoOverseas & more
- The course is a 9 in 1 course with training, Projects, Certifications, internships, Bootcamps, Hackathons, placements, etc.
- Professionally trained trainers provide the best in the industry course
- 100% Hands-on Training
- Ease of access through a mobile app
- 24/7 lifetime Support & access
- 100% Guarantee of money return if not satisfied
Trainers at Henry Harvin
- 15+ years of working experience
- Selected by our training partners and recognized by numerous organizations over the years for their work
- Have been invited to for 100+ Keynote classes for French Course
- Have delivered 350+ lectures and are currently domain experts.
Affordability: Henry Harvin’s French Language course is quite affordable. Anyone interested is free to enroll. Other costs may be involved if you go for specialization. This course is scored as a free course.
Flexibility: This course is flexible as you can complete it at your own pace. You may set deadlines according to your requirements and as needed to accommodate your schedule.
This course is offered in different levels and Fees Structure for each:
A1: The Beginners Level- This level deals with the Basic French Vocabulary, Greetings in French, Basic Grammar such as Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Plural, adjectives, and more. The duration of the course is 30 hours.
A2: The Upper Beginners Level- This Level deals with French Language upper Beginners level, Express a decision, make a comparison, indicate a chronology, express certitude, grammar like Future tenses, Relative pronouns, Comparative/ Superlative Sentences, Adverbs, Demonstrative Pronouns, and more. The duration of the course is 30 hours.
B1: The intermediate Level -This level deals with the skills like writing, reading, and listening. Candidates will gain skills to be able to structure sentences in the French Language. The duration of the course is 40 hours.
B2:The Upper Intermediate Level- This level deals with extra learning about the French Dialects and Complex Texts. The candidate will gain knowledge to create long speeches in French and smoothly explain complex thoughts. The duration of the course is 40 hours.
C1: The Advanced Level- This level will equip the candidate with an understanding of longer texts and their implicit meaning. Candidates will learn to express fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. The duration of the course is 40 hours.
C2:The Proficiency Level- This level will help the candidates to understand everything that is virtually heard or read. The candidates will be able to summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation. The duration of the course is 40 hours.
2. Skyworld Language And Training Solutions:
This institute offers language and soft skill learning. They believe in people and people’s goals. They help to achieve what is planned and make skillful in something so good.
IELTS, Spoken English, Effective Communication, Corporate Communication, English, Hindi, French, Spanish, MBA Entrance, Management Subjects, BBA Subjects, Embroidery and Zari Work, Public Speaking, Personality Development, Interview Skills, Soft Skills.
- Best-handpicked books by leading publishers for overall development.
- Experience and a friendly trainer.
- Give enough time to your plan and in return plan will surely give you the best times you always imagined.
- Provides language classes such as English, French, and Spanish.
- Provides personality development activities like job training and grooming courses as well.
3. Maahi’s Institute:
This institute provides training in the foreign language field for the past two years. We also provide translation services. Assistance for students in preparing for abroad studies is also available.
Teach Corporate Training, Italian Language, Japanese Language, and Spanish Language Classes. They also provide a free demo class.
ITESKUL established in 2001, is an education and training institute, providing quality classroom courses in Foreign Languages, English Communication, and Computers. A combination of expert advisers, experienced faculty, and a learning-focused environment make us one of the leading training institutes in Pune.
They have successfully trained over 50,000+ students of different age groups, and with varied educational and professional backgrounds. The courses provide the students an opportunity to explore their creative side through interactive learning and develop skills that will aid their personal and professional development.
They believe students need the right environment to learn and go great miles in ensuring the best resources are hired to help them in this process. They care for the students and take complete accountability for their learning tenure.
5. Connecting Institute Of Foreign Language:
The training Courses have earned their significance in the city’s life. Connecting Institute Of Foreign Language is a place providing such benefiting courses. This establishment has an average score of 3 by NiceLocal visitors and is located by the following address: Pune, Maharashtra 411058, Shriram Society, Warje, 23.
LetsTalk Academy was established in the year 2004 and has assisted 17000+ and more students from all walks of life with their Language, Communication, Personality, and confidence built-up.
The various Language courses offered at LetsTalk are:
- French Language Courses
- German Language Courses
- Spanish Language Courses
- English Language Courses
- Japanese Language Courses
- Italian Language Courses
- Chinese Language Courses
- Portuguese Language Courses
- Voice and Accent
7. Symbiosis Institute of Indian and Foreign languages:
Symbiosis is a family of 48 academic institutions and imparting quality education for over 45 years. It is host to over 34,000 Indian and International students on campus.
These campuses epitomize the Symbiosis motto, ‘Promoting International Understanding through Quality Education’, and are a beehive of international students from all across the globe, being privy to Indian culture and hospitality.
8. Wordsmith Academy:
Wordsmith Academy is a dynamic online writing school designed to educate and entertain. They also work as a virtual cheerleader for a writing career. Their goal is to help writers get out of their way for finishing their novel, screenplay, short story, blog, etc.
Beginning as a series of live in-person classes, Wordsmith Academy evolved into an online hub for masterclasses taught by industry professionals, high-quality courses, resources, and a growing online community of writers.
9. Bleu Blanc Rouge:
Bleu Blanc Rouge as an institution derived its French name from the three colors Blue, White, and Red which for us represent the German/ French-speaking population of the world irrespective of the country, color, creed, or gender of the individual. It is pronounced as bluh, blaw, roojh.
A great place to start learning French. Learning through discussions, examples along with the background of the French language and culture. BBR adopts this approach by using direct demonstrative or participatory methods of learning. Also, ample use of audiovisual aids is undertaken for effective learning.
10. Doc Trans Services And Solutions:
Doc-Trans has a team of accomplished, result-focused bilingual and native translators, domain expertise with exceptional working experience within the IT and various Arenas, possessing high academic qualifications with excellence in change management, application development, technical and bilingual support, manual testing, team management, and project management and who are proactive, open and honest communicators, stimulated by fresh challenges.
Doc-Trans team partner with clients on their long-term initiatives, demonstrate a high level of professionalism and ethics, and facilitate also a team approach to achieve organizational objectives, increase s productivity, and enhances employee morale.
Benefits of learning the French Language
French Language Course designed to comprehend topics and lexis. Moreover, you will learn grammatical concepts to enhance your skill in the French language. proficient once you complete the course with us. The French language is globally accepted.
- Initiate Conversation about Present, future, and past events
- Explain Habitual action and talk about the memories
- Describe Feelings and express present and future wishes
- Learn the basics of Sentence and Word building
- Express Opinion and argue with people
- Talk and describe Past events and express Doubts & Probability
- Make Hypothesis about the past events and explain them
- Learn extensively about the Advanced French Language Grammar
- Jobs Globally: The course provides exposure to Millions of Jobs Globally in the Arena of French Language Course
- Market value: Get Hired by International Brands like Google, Amazon, JP Morgan, and other top brands in the industry
- Higher pay: Be Highly Paid as a Freelancer or as a full-time Professional after the Successful completion of French Language Training Course
- Improve your CV: Improve your CV and LinkedIn Profile with Technical & Professional development
- Distinguish your profile: Distinguish your Profile from peers and get Promoted in Current Profile with most in-demand Skills
- Better Job Security with exceptional growth opportunities
- Reach the pinnacle of your career to touch skyscraper heights
- Hike in salary: Sharpen your expertise to get a good salary hike
French writing system
The French alphabet is based on the 26 letters of the Latin alphabet, uppercase, and lowercase, with five diacritics and two orthographic ligatures.
How many French speakers are native?
The French language has approximately 80 million native speakers, as well as 190 million secondary speakers, meaning that around 270 million people speak the language worldwide.
Old Latin or Early Latin was the Latin language in the period before 75 BC, i.e. Before the age of Classical Latin. It has descended from a common Proto-Italic language. It was used from 75 BC to the 3rd century AD when it developed into Late Latin. It was regarded as good or proper Latin, with the following versions viewed as debased, degenerate, vulgar, or corrupted.
Vulgar Latin, also known as Popular or Colloquial Latin, is a non-literary Latin spoken from the Late Roman Republic onwards. Its literary counterpart was either Classical Latin or Late Latin.
Old French was the language spoken in Northern France from the 8th century to the 14th century. Old French is a unified language. It was a linkage of Romance language which is mutually intelligible yet diverse and is spoken in the northern half of France.
Middle French is a historical division of the French language that covers the period from the 14th to the 16th century. It is a period of transition during which:
- The French language became clearly distinguished from the other competing languages, which are sometimes subsumed within the concept of Old French.
- The French language was imposed as the official language of the kingdom of France in place of Latin languages
- The literary development of French prepared the vocabulary and grammar for the Classical French spoken in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Why Learn a Foreign Language?
- Enriches travel experience
- Makes more confident and attractive
- Enriches thinking ability
- Establishes meaningful connections
- Boost educational opportunities
- Enhances Job opportunities
- Refines the first languageFrench orthography:
This includes the spelling and punctuation of the French language. It is based on a combination of phonemic and historical principles. The spelling of words is largely based on the pronunciation of Old French and has stayed more or less the same since then, despite enormous changes to the pronunciation of the language in the intervening years.
This has resulted in a complicated relationship between spelling and sound, especially for vowels; a multitude of silent letters; and many homophones. The Latin origin of words further increased the number of silent letters. The rules are governing French orthography which allows for a reasonable degree of accuracy when pronouncing French words from their written forms.
The two ligatures œ and æ have orthographic values.
This ligature is a mandatory contraction of ⟨oe⟩ in certain words. Some of these are native French words. Many of these words were originally written with the digraph EU.Œ is also used in words of Greek origin, as the Latin rendering of the Greek diphthong. These words used to be pronounced with the vowel /e/. When œ is found after the letter c, the c can be pronounced /k/in some cases. The ligature œ is not used when both letters contribute different sounds.
This ligature is rare, appearing only in some words of Latin and Greek origin. It generally represents the vowel /e/. The sequence ⟨ae⟩ appears in loanwords where both sounds are heard, as in maestro and paella.The Oaths of Strasbourg from 842 is the earliest text written in the early form of French called Romance or Gallo-Romance.
History of French Language:
The Gaulish language of the inhabitants of Gaul disappeared progressively throughout Roman rule as the Latin languages began to replace it: written (Classical) Latin and spoken (vulgar) Latin. Classical Latin taught in schools remained the language of religious services, scientific works, legislative acts, and certain literary works.
The language found in the manuscripts dating from the 9th century to the 13th-century form is known as Old French. These languages continued to evolve from the 14th century to the 16th century and then Middle French emerged.
- Middle French
During the Middle French period, modern spelling practices were largely established. This happened especially during the 16th century, under the influence of printers. The overall trend was towards continuity with Old French spelling and some changes were made under the influence of changed pronunciation habits. This period also saw the development of some explicitly etymological spellings.
- Classical French
Modern French spelling was codified in the late 17th century based largely on previously established spelling conventions. Some reforms have occurred since then. The most significant changes have been:
- Adoption of j and v to represent consonants, in place of former i and u.
- The Addition of a circumflex accent to reflect the historical vowel length.
- During the Middle French period, a distinction was developed between long and short vowels.
- Use of ai in place of oi where pronounced. The most significant effect of this was to change the spelling of all imperfect verbs as well as the name of the language.
- Modern French
In October 1989, Michel Rocard who was Prime Minister of France established the High Council of the French Language in Paris. He designated experts among a person who compiles dictionaries to propose standardizing several points, a few of those points being:
- The uniting hyphen in all compound numerals.
- The plural of compound words, the second element of which always takes the plurals.
- The circumflex accent ⟨ˆ⟩ disappears on all u’s and i’s except for words in which it is needed for differentiation.
- The past participle of laisser followed by an infinitive verb is invariable.
Learning French depends on a lot of factors:
- level of proficiency one has in the native language
- Attitude to learning
It also depends on the time you have set aside to devote for the learning, how far one is attentive, and lastly the attitude towards learning the Language.
French is a major language of international communication. It is the second most widely learned language after English and the sixth most widely spoken language in the world.
French is one of the easiest European languages to learn.
The French language is popularly known as the language of romance
The best French language course is given by Henry Harvin Education.
The things that you need to keep in mind are affordability, flexibility, and the level of your learning which is very important.